September 28, 2012

Waiting



As I was waiting for the oven timer to countdown it dawned on me that the waiting was representative of so many areas in my life right now...

I'm waiting to go to the doctor next Wednesday so I can hear this baby's heartbeat again, the waiting is making me paranoid
I'm waiting for the crock pot to cook our dinner for tonight
I'm waiting to hear from our loan officer in regards to our closing date
I'm waiting to find out when we're closing so I can plan Katie's 1st birthday party
I'm waiting to get the motivation and inspiration to do something crafty
I'm waiting for Katie's sinus infection to clear up
I'm waiting for the granola bars that I made to harden so I can eat one
I'm waiting for my husband to take me on a date
I'm waiting for the buyer of our truck to meet me next week so we can unload that gas hog

I get a little overwhelmed by all of this waiting. Of course I want things to happen sooner than later. But, is there blessing in waiting? During this time I rely on God to comfort me and walk me through all of the waiting process. If I get stuck in the waiting I'll miss the things that are already happening...while I wait I will be present.

What are you waiting for today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment